SONG OF A LONELY NIGHT by Salifu Lambon Mohammed


I fell in love
And you fell in love too

I knew in the entanglement
of my arms
You became a joyous caged bird
Never wanting
To be unleashed off bondage
For you felt it a soothing nest
That gave solace to a lone bird

For me,like the bee
Intoxicated madly
with the love for nectar
I cared not,who hunted my honey
As long as my proboscis
Had its meal
YOU were all i needed!

I gave to you
My treasured heart
Free of no dime
Like the breath of nature
And I knew it was
Like a piece of corn
Falling into its own husk
I knew your heart was highly
Nauseated with love for me
But with the load of guilt
On your lips,it went dumbed

When there is love
Let there be love
Like Emeki always say
True love is like viral fire
No matter how you try to smother it
It will by little-little smokes
Turns to a wild inferno

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.